Stanley and Katherine Rajkowicz

Stanley and Katherine Rajkowicz
Stanley and Katherine (Kras) Rajkowicz and family (circa 1905)

Friday, September 20, 2013

W-B Police Officer Stanley M. Raykowicz


To all:

As I had offered, we recently discovered a "treasure trove" of pictures and other documents in one of the last few boxes we retrieved from the Raykovitz family homestead. I wish there was an easy way of just scanning and uploading all of the photos, etc., but things take time and I know we'll get there...eventually.
 
In addition to posting pics and letters from Raymond, there has been some interest expressed in whether I had found any pictures of my grandfather's brothers. I recently posted a picture of Uncle Carl ( Karol ) Raykowicz from May 1942, and based upon my mother's identification, the photo immediately below is that of her Uncle Stanley M. Raykowicz, a former Wilkes-Barre (PA) Police Officer, who died a few days short of his 47th birthday on September 28, 1950.  As her Uncle Stanley never married, she does not know who the woman in the photo is.


 
 
 
We also believe we've found Uncle Raymond's burial flag from Arlington, as it has 48 stars and is the right size and, equally important, my mother's quick call-around to her siblings all indicated that Ray's flag was held in the family homestead. Another point of note: I found a second flag yesterday with...48 stars.
 
Anyway, the photo below should give you some idea of the number of photos I have to scan.
 
Stay tuned...more to follow in the days ahead.
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment