Stanley and Katherine Rajkowicz

Stanley and Katherine Rajkowicz
Stanley and Katherine (Kras) Rajkowicz and family (circa 1905)

Saturday, October 5, 2013

From Austria to America


I've had the trunk pictured above and below for over 30 years. According to my Mom, and this story dates back three or more decades as well, this trunk carried the belongings of my (maternal) great-grandparents - Stanley and Kathryn Rajkowicz - and their children when they emigrated from Austria to America.
 
Although the decades have taken their toll, especially on anything made of leather, structurally the trunk us in very good shape and, when I get some time in the years ahead, I may do some minor touchups and put it on display. For now, it's safely tucked away in storage.
 

 
 
 
More in a few.
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment