Stanley and Katherine Rajkowicz

Stanley and Katherine Rajkowicz
Stanley and Katherine (Kras) Rajkowicz and family (circa 1905)

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Random Pics from the Past...and Present

Pictured above: 

I'm the geeky looking kid holding the pumpkin almost two months (?) after Halloween. My mother ( Mary Barbara (Raykovitz) Williams ) is holding my sister ( Diana Lee ), and her mother ( Mary Barbara (Geffert) Raykovitz ) is smiling down at all of us.

+  +  +

I recently received a copy of the photo below of my Uncle Tom Bolacker ( 1930-2014 ) when he was very young. Check out those socks!

I decided to post it here, along with a pic of him ( & family ) from the 1960's on the front porch of a home that several generations of the Raykovitz family visited over the years.

 

 
Below is a pic from my sister's wedding in October 1981.
 
To CR in Tacoma:
Two of "Slick's" brothers are in the pic: Carl (front left) & Mike (back right).
 
 
For those that have been visiting regularly, you know the story of Raymond Raykovitz's Marine Corps friend, Joe Sheridan. Several relatives commented that they had never seen pics of Joe after the war.
 
Here's a pic from their time in Australia.


 
And here are two pics from one of the last times the brothers and sisters of Raymond Raykovitz got together with Joe. He's on the left.
 
Even though Joe Sheridan survived his wounds, as you can see from the picture, he dealt with the aftermath his entire life.
 

 
 
Finally, speaking of homes owned by the Raykovitz clan in days gone by...anyone recognize this location? 
 
 
More in a few.

2 comments:

  1. Gruess Gott,

    I am a Raykovitz living in Europe (Germany), I would get contact with you to find out more about the Raykovitz family.

    Kind regards,

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victoria: I am the great grandson of Stanley Rakovitz ( Rajkowicz ) who came to America in the late 1800's. His naturalization papers state he came from Austria. He had many children, and their descendants are many. Through this blog, I have connected with several members of our family that I never would have found otherwise. Please tell me a little about yourself when you get a chance. Thanks.

      Delete